Preparing students for life in the digital world is extremely important. St Andrew’s Primary is striving to develop digitally literate citizens who understand not only how to use technology effectively, but also know how the technology they use works.
Increased access to technology is essential for teaching students skills for a future in which, as societal trends suggest, digital literacy is key. Therefore, a key aspect of our digital learning strategy at St Andrew's Primary is our BYOLT (Bring Your Own Learning Tool) program for students from Grades 3 to 6.
The individual use of personal devices is a way to empower students to work to their full potential and develop essential learning habits with the support of digital tools.
This page provides parents with essential information regarding the implementation, management and operation of our BYOLT program.
Is the program compulsory?
Please note that BYOLT is not compulsory and parents are not expected to purchase a device for their child
- BYOLT is currently available to students in Grades 3 to 6.
- All devices to be used at school must be enrolled on the CEPD network
- Once a device is enrolled it will have the necessary settings and profiles to use the CEPD network. The profiles are not to be removed
- CEPD reserves the right to restrict or remove a device from its CEPD network at anytime. This occurs when but is not limited to inappropriate use of the network has occurred.
iPad iOS Requirements
- iPad iOS13 can be used however we recommend iOS14 & onwards to enrol Intune Mobile Device Management system
- iPads must be of size 9.7in as a minimum
- iPad Mini devices are not allowed to be enrolled
- A protective iPad case
Chromebook Version Requirements
- Chromebook must have Version 90 at a minimum
- A Chrome Console must first be purchased from the QKR app/portal. (the school will receive notification of your purchase)
Steps to safely enrolling a BYOLT device
- Read through the contract and sign with your child.
- Parents need to create the Apple id for a child's BYOLT device.
How to Create an Apple ID or Purchase Chrome Console.
- Ensure the Apple ID is activated and the iPad for BYOLT is signed in on the account. For Chromebook - ensure a Chrome Console has been purchased
- Return user agreement to the school office*
- Once the contract is accepted your child will be booked in to enrol the device on the CEPD network.
*Do not bring the device to school with the user agreement. A day and time will be provided to do so.
What apps should I download for my child to use at school?
Should be pre-loaded
Should be pre-loaded
What other apps do we use that you may be asked to download?